Happy Friday! I am at home and feeling under the weather, but I want to go to here:
(Playing now at E Street)
I was blown away by this related Fresh Air episode, composed of interviews with Ken Kesey, Tom Wolfe and others and aired to promote the documentary. Kesey sounds so much like Ginsberg. I wonder how much their shared tonality and cadence were the result of the spoken language conventions of their era (somehow the linguistic equivalent of wearing a hat all the time?), and how much was their influence on each other and others in their circle.
----------------------------------------------------------
Gotta find something awesome to send to Fax Blog
(Playing now at E Street)
I was blown away by this related Fresh Air episode, composed of interviews with Ken Kesey, Tom Wolfe and others and aired to promote the documentary. Kesey sounds so much like Ginsberg. I wonder how much their shared tonality and cadence were the result of the spoken language conventions of their era (somehow the linguistic equivalent of wearing a hat all the time?), and how much was their influence on each other and others in their circle.
----------------------------------------------------------
Gotta find something awesome to send to Fax Blog
| ---------------------------------------------------------- Carli Davidson's photo series Shake ![]() | |
----------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------
David Maisel's Art X-Rays (c/o Nag on the Lake)
The language-theory implications of the bouba/kiki effect (thanks to David Byrne)
----------------------------------------------------------
David Maisel's Art X-Rays (c/o Nag on the Lake)
----------------------------------------------------------
The logical extension of one of my favorite tumblrs:
Awesome People Hanging Out Together In New Yorker Cartoons
----------------------------------------------------------
All of the Big Picture photos from The Boston Globe, but especially the awesome sports photos
----------------------------------------------------------
Spock Is Not Impressed
----------------------------------------------------------
All of the Big Picture photos from The Boston Globe, but especially the awesome sports photos
----------------------------------------------------------
Spock Is Not Impressed







No comments:
Post a Comment