| Artist | Title | Album | Notes | |
| 1 | David Gilliland & Jeffrey Lyman | Sarabande et Cortege pour basson et piano | The Wind Compositions of Henri Dutilleaux | As noted previously, my new favorite bassoon piece |
| 2 | Fleetwood Mac | Secondhand News | Rumours | Thanks to a lovely mix from a lovely lady, Ms. Laura |
| 3 | Jens Lekman | You Can Call Me Al (live) | Found via Miss Moss's Simon/Garfunkel/Covered mix | |
| 4 | Auditorium | Sunday | Be Brave | Also found through Miss Moss. This song has gorgeous layering, and is about a first winter snow. Probably my favorite song of the month. |
| 5 | TV On the Radio | Killer Crane | Nine Types of Light | Ethereal. |
| 6 | Robyn | Hang With Me | Body Talk | Keep it tight. |
| 7 | R.E.M. | At My Most Beautiful | Up | A sweet song that Mariele included on the mix for my bachelorette. |
| 8 | Katy Perry | E.T. | Teenage Dream | I have a very minor Katy Perry problem. This is not the Kanye West version. |
| 9 | Ke$ha | Your Love Is My Drug | Animal | I also have a minor Ke$ha problem. |
| 10 | Auditorium | All Your Days | Be Brave | Folky and wistful. |
| 11 | Sia | Clap Your Hands | We Are Born | From a fab mix of female artists I got in a Design Crush mix swap. |
| 12 | La Roux | I'm Not Your Toy | La Roux | Incredibly catchy. Also from the Design Crush mix. |
| 13 | Kate Nash | Do Wah Do | Bridesmaids Soundtrack | The most simultaneously joyful and angry song I've heard lately. Design Crush mix again. |
| 14 | Lykke Li | Breaking It Up | Youth Novels | Great percussion. |
| 15 | Jackson Sisters | I Believe In Miracles | Jackson Sisters | Don't you? Not to be confused with La Toya & co, the Jackson Sisters were a 70s disco family group out of Compton. c/o DC. |
| 16 | The Chemical Brothers | Asleep from Day | Surrender | Miss Moss mix. Good for sleepy afternoons. |
Sunday, July 24, 2011
Use Your Ears: Monthly Mix - May
I'm way behind on my monthly mixes. Here's what I was listening to in May.
Labels:
use your ears
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment