Thursday, July 21, 2011

Use Your Eyes: Personal Style

Okay!  I am working on WORDS (for reals - both about my Very Important Wedding and other things, like vocabulary that I learned from reading Dune), but in the meantime . . .

I don't know if it's some sort of Caribbean hangover or a post-wedding backlash or what, but my fashion interests have definitely taken a turn for the eclectic lately.  First I became obsessed with this outfit worn by Natalia Tena (aka Tonks, aka Ellie from About A Boy) at the Harry Potter premiere in London:

Picture courtesy of The Independent

And then I got all hot and bothered about this colorful tips tutorial that I saw on Design Crush:

From The Beauty Department

And tonight I found myself totally smitten by the amazing site Hel Looks, which captures hipsters in Helsinki wearing wacky clothes:





Soooo, let's make some colorful-scarf, floral-print, cowboy-booted magic, people.  The universe demands it.

P.S. Pictures this weekend.  Promise.

3 comments:

  1. It's the return of the early '90s. I need a Trapper Keeper STAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa dude. Before my next hair chop I'm SO doing those tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it is the 90s! I always think of Julia Louis-Dreyfuss from Seinfeld when I'm trying to picture that era, but there is more to life than lace collars and granny shoes. I might have to do those tips too . . . Kerry, I want pics when you do it!

    ReplyDelete