Here's what I was listening to in June. Listen on Spotify here (hopefully it works! You need an invitation to join.)
| 1 | Peter Gabriel | Heroes | Scratch My Back | Song, and album, of the month. |
| 2 | Lily Allen | LDN | Single | |
| 3 | Nicky Minaj & Drake | Moment 4 Life | Pink Friday | I resent how deeply this song has been drilled into my brain and hate Drake's self-aggrandizing, borderline-misogynist rant in the middle of it, but secretly love that Minaj compares herself to a vampire slayer AND King David in the same verse. |
| 4 | P!nk | Raise Your Glass | Single | Surely 2011's #1 prom theme. |
| 5 | La Roux | Bulletproof (Manhattan Clique Remix Radio) | Bulletproof (Remixes) | |
| 6 | John Lennon | God | Plastic Ono Band | God is a concept / by which we measure our pain |
| 7 | Brian Eno | Third Uncle | Taking Tiger Mountain By Strategy | |
| 8 | Architecture in Helsinki | W.O.W. | Moment Bends | Saw AiH at the Black Cat this month. |
| 9 | Architecture in Helsinki | Escapee | Moment Bends | AiH frontman Cameron Bird reminds me of Dr. Janosz Poha in Ghostbusters II. |
| 10 | Jonathan Richman | When We Refuse to Suffer | Because Her Beauty is Raw and Wild | Your life becomes a bore, and you're sufferin' even more. Good reminder from Mr. Richman. |
| 11 | Architecture in Helsinki | Sleep Talkin' | Moment Bends | Did I mention that I like Architecture in Helsinki? I’m not sure if I mentioned that. |
| 12 | Elvis Presley | Burnin' Love | Elvis 75 | Lordy lordy, Elvis lights my morning sky. |
| 13 | Peter Gabriel | The Book of Love | Scratch My Back |
oooh likey the new blog look. unfortunately I need an invitation code to get spotify! have one?
ReplyDeleteThanks! I don't have a Spotify code, sadly. I just entered my email on the homepage to sign up for an invite (or invitation, as Ceej would prefer) and they emailed me the next day. Maybe you'll have the same luck?
ReplyDeletehaaha ok thanks!
ReplyDelete