>>>
Sooooo guys I have been living under a rock for most of a year and just saw the Gagnam style video for the first time! Turns out it's pretty good?
I bet though that YOU haven't seen the "Groundhog Style" parody performed by the emcees at Gobbler's Knob in Feb. PRETTY SOLID.
>>>
On a slightly more relevant pop culture note, I kinda really like this Taylor Swift song . . .
WANT THAT T-SHIRT
I'm on the fence about Tay Tay in general - she promotes a certain amount of female "empowerment" but only within pretty narrow, socially-acceptable boundaries that emphasize romantic relationships as the primary source of identity. On the other hand, I know she wouldn't get as much flack in the media about her romantic travails if she were a dude, and that rankles.
Regardless, I am on board for the embrace of early-twenties ridiculousness. At 22, my job was to make teenaged miscreants (some of whom were a mere four years younger than myself) care about the written word more than their hormones/cell phones. I spent my summers trying to make slightly younger teenaged miscreants care about caring for yet younger children. I lived with a roommate on the "single women's corridor" of DC (along the left side of the Red Line), and I was on the verge of a relationship with the second of two gentleman I dated from my alma mater's alternafrat. Life was weird. Not jump-in-a-pool-at-a-swanky-house-party weird, but I guess "happy free confused and lonely at the same time" wouldn't be a terrible description. Young adults who recognize and embrace the silliness of your own lives, I salute you -- but, a reminder: 22 is a means to an end, not an end in itself.
>>>
These blue cheese cookies sound very confusing but taste VERY DELICIOUS. Possibly because they are approx. 75% butter and cheese. And the recipe is surprisingly forgiving for being french baking.
![]() |
| image via Serious Eats |
>>>
Digging this post from Eat the Damn Cake about real vs. ideal bodies. So many people, myself included, carry around invisible goggles that scrutinize and revise the contours of our own bodies to create what we think they "should" look like. Spoiler alert: those imaginary images are NOT YOUR REAL BODY. The body underneath is your real body. EMBRACE IT.
>>>
Pls someone find and buy me this coconut-infused tequila? Or I guess I could make it myself probs. Buuuut I want a coconut margarita NOWWW. Found via How Sweet It Is.
![]() |
| image via http://www.proximospirits.com |
>>>
We went to Sandy Point on the Chesapeake Bay last weekend . It was nice! They only allow dogs from Oct. 1st to April 30th unfortunately. Still, a nice day trip - lots of space, lots of beach, lots of volleyball courts, lots of parking. Wet dog pictures coming soon.
>>>
And finally, my new plan of psychological well-being: every night, make a list of the following:
1. Things that I'm proud of having done that day
2. Things that I'm grateful for
3. Things that didn't go as well as planned PLUS why it's still okay
4. At least one compliment about my own physical appearance
Then: SLEEP.
Happy Friday!


No comments:
Post a Comment