Here's what I was listening to in August.
| Artist | Title | Album | Notes | |
| 1 | Patrick Wolf | The City | Lupercalia | Song, and album, of the month. |
| 2 | Bell | Dialtone | Diamonite | Pump me up / top-side me baby / all around the world. |
| 3 | Yeasayer | Madder Red | Odd Blood | Epic passive-aggression. |
| 4 | LCD Soundsystem | Losing My Edge | LCD Soundsystem | The kids are coming up from behind. |
| 5 | Bell | River | Diamonite | No continent is too grand / that we can't run our fingers over it. |
| 6 | Beirut | East Harlem | The Rip Tide | The pleasantly undulating second half of this song makes up for the boring, patronizing first half. |
| 7 | Yeasayer | Mondegreen | Odd Blood | Epic coke-fueled paranoia. How do they make such good songs out of such off-putting ideas? |
| 8 | Patrick Wolf | The Future | Lupercalia | You come near / I see my future clear / and a threshhold appears / and I am carrying you over, carrying you over |
| 9 | Fleet Foxes | Grown Ocean | Helplessness Blues | Honestly, the video is better. |
| 10 | Refreshments | Banditos | Fizzy Fuzzy Big & Buzzy | I bet you don't remember that you know this song. |
| 11 | Jeff Bridges | Maybe I Missed the Point | Jeff Bridges | Oh Uncle Jeff, stick to letting other people write the songs for you. Still, the rhythm works. |
| 12 | Ella Fitzgerald | Spring Can Really Hang You Up the Most | Clap Hands, Here Comes Charlie! | Promised my first dance / to winter. |
| 13 | Kris Macken | The Cool Kids | Marry Me Soundtrack | From this cutesy short film. |
| 14 | Sandie Shaw | (There's) Always Something There to Remind Me | The Very Best of Sandy Shaw | I had no idea how old this song is. So catchy with horns and maracas. |
| 15 | Jeff Bridges | Either Way | Jeff Bridges | Okay, so I bought a second Jeff Bridges song anyway. So sue me. |
New music finds courtesy of . . .
All Songs Considered
Miss Moss
Fresh Air
Feministing
Sociological Images
Spotify link coming soon.

Lady - I need your email address! I tried to find it here on your site but I think I'm missing something or just don't know how to use blogger, even now after a year and a half. Send me a "hello" at fancy.notion(at)gmail.com or reply to me here...
ReplyDelete