I have not yet gotten the hang of weekend posting. That's probably a good thing because it means that I was out actually having a weekend rather than sitting in front of a screen writing about it. I'm sure the latter situation will be upon me soon enough.
Either way, I enjoyed my active weekend. I got to celebrate some important milestones with good friends (birthdays, weddings, woo woo!). It's not my place to blog about other people's big events really but I will say that 5-lb gummy bears and Dr. Seuss readings were involved. Also booze, bagels, sparkling conversation, and FABULOUS outfits. High fives all around!
On Sunday E and I took our moms to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. We got torso-sized bags of kettle corn, ate mediocre gyros, watched a sheepdog herding demonstration, fed alpacas, and generally took in the atmosphere. We also came away with 18 new plants for the roof garden, including six tomato plants (to add to the four that are already potted and fruiting), six or so new pepper variants including habaneros, poblanos, jalapenos and thai chilis, and some miscellaneous others (eggplant, purple basil). PLUS some awesome new greeting cards and enough gorgeous pink yarn to embark on my first-ever knit sweater this fall.
E just bought a fancy new camera so maybe there will be pictures later. In the meantime just imagine shorn alpacas standing around looking awkward, like geeks in middle school. Go ahead, it will make your Monday a lot better.
No comments:
Post a Comment