Next on the agenda: my general plan for writing here. I welcome input, which that is a scary thing to do mostly because such an action implies a WILDLY optimistic level of investment from theoretical readers. But, if you're reading, and would prefer to be less bored, please let me know how I can help with that in the comments. I am willing to do my best! My rough draft plan of attack is below.
Posts that may appear on this blog:
- Awesome things that I see/do/smell/otherwise experience (see previous post)
- Compelling/humorous/adorable internet miscellany
- Book reviews, when I finish books (I am much better at starting them than finishing them these days)
- Movie/TV reviews, because I usually finish those and have (uninformed, amateur) OPINIONS, yo
- Recipes that work
- Music I enjoy
- Occasional musings on subjects of interest to me, including but not limited to: feminism, pop culture, plants I grow, language, my admittedly tenuous grasp of politics, DC chillin', lurve and weddings (yeah, shut up), and design/style (whatever that is)
Subjects that I will strive to avoid in this blog:
- Whining or complaining about my daily life (srsly I am like the luckiest person ever, that would be a douche move)
- Excessive coverage of my Very Important Wedding Plans (definition of "excessive" TBD, but I can probably keep at least some of the wedding boners in my pants)
- Excessive personal details, because I am boring and, um, I have a job? (Which I swear I do most of the time when I'm not going to museums, really, for real, guys).
Goals:
- Attribute found materials to their sources whenever possible
- Include a lot of pictures
- Work on developing an engaging yet authentic voice (yes, those are kind of opposites in my world, sadly)
- Maybe highlight some neat stuff that people other than myself might want to check out
So . . . there's that. Onward! Your reward for scrolling to the end of this post is a video of Muppets eating each other and exploding. You're welcome.
From The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years
What happens if we want excessive wedding details? :)
ReplyDeleteI like that you have a plan for your blog.
Ha ha, I didn't say there will be NO wedding details . . . they'll be sprinkled in here and there. ;)
ReplyDeleteWe'll see if I can stick to the plan! I am most worried about breaking the no complaining rule, because sometimes it is SO SATISFYING. We'll see how it goes . . .
ok what the crap. you had me at jonathan richman. now you've really got your hooks in me, with this dr. strangelove title and muppets. and promised talk of wedding (I hope "excessive" has a loose or maybe even opposite meaning. I heart wedding talk. as might have noticed).
ReplyDeleteHa ha, I hoped the muppets would be a gateway drug . . . I will try to have a wedding post soon! Work is REALLY SLOW right now so be careful what you wish for . . .
ReplyDeleteA friend of yours linked to you on Kind of a Mess today and I'm glad I checked you out. Because this post has the word "boner" in it. And because of the Robyn on your playlist (not to mention the Luscious Jackson, except that I just did).
ReplyDeleteI like it here. Keep it up!
Hi Kerry - thanks! I like meeting new blog friends :) Fancy Notion is pretty rad - just added it to my Google Reader so I don't miss a post. Hurrah!
ReplyDelete