Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Words Fail Me



Hello blog! Apparently you are published in monthly installments now! The words, they are not being used. Let me 'splain.

No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

April: Running month. Success. 5k #1 accomplished at 29 mins flat, which I'm pretty pumped about even if it was a total fluke. Registered for 5k #2 in June - a hilly one this time, so training runs through the National Zoo are a go. Also registered for the Color Run in September; I'm pumped about that. My right knee has been swelling up after each run but according to my medical-professional bro, I'm probably just old, so I need to get a brace and take more Ibuprofen. Also perhaps some kind of running cane? Just kidding, it's not that bad. Drugs, RICE and denial, those consummate friends of athletes everywhere, I welcome you into my life.



May: uh, I kind of forgot to set a goal for May. But partially that was because E&I got into a kind of consuming project which I guess I'll call the May effort: househunting. Things have moved really fast with that, and the end result is that if all goes as expected we may be moving in the next month or so. Which is kind of blowing my mind in a lot of different ways that merit attention, but not right now in this public space. More to come on that later.

In the meantime, one interesting side-effect of a possible imminent move is that I'm trying to use up foods that have been languishing in our kitchen which I don't want to drag with us to a new place. The prime suspects at the moment are:

One (1) brick of Velveeta cheese (Seriously, a BRICK. It is brick-sized, or larger, and it is composed of Velveeta. Also a year old, and precisely ZERO PERCENT the worse for wear).

Three (3) bags of corn meal from 3 different brands.

I know you're very excited to find out what ridiculousness can come from that. I am down to mere slivers of Velveeta at this point and have made a good dent in the corn meal. Also some unholy messes. Stay tuned.





(all animated gifs courtesy of #whatshouldwecallme)

No comments:

Post a Comment