Saturday, October 22, 2011

Road Rules

So, a week later I'm feeling a bit better and am ready to tackle the world again.  Kind of.  Well, the world as seen whizzing past a car window at the very least.  Today my brother and I set off for adventure (i.e. Pittsburgh), on the first leg of our cross-country road trip.  (Background: the bro is moving to Hawaii, with his car, which is shipping out of San Diego - so that's our destination.)  On this leg we gave a friend a lift to the 'burgh, in return for some pretty posh overnight accomodations upon arrival.  Seriously - I'm writing this from one of their two guest rooms, in an antique-y brass bed on the third floor of an undeniably gorgeous house.  A cat is balled up and sleeping on the bench next to me.  AND I have Wifi.  Life could be worse.

Preliminary thoughts on road-tripping:

- So far, popular conversation topics include: things that our parents do that we don't like, sci-fi television shows, what we are listening to (or what we are listening to next)

- The Pennsylvania turnpike is always just as scary as I remember it being.  And I didn't make up that they force trucks to drive in the left lane in certain sections. Because having zero shoulder on dark windy roads the mountains of Pennsylvania wasn't scary enough on its own, apparently.

- The tuna sub at Wawa is superior to the tuna sub at Sheetz.

- Combos has a special limited edition Buffalo wings flavor

- I am just as bad at reading in the car as I ever used to be. 

- Coconut water: available

1 comment: